Therefore, in this article, we want to focus on the advantages and benefits of migrating our infrastructure to the cloud.
What are the benefits of migrating to the Cloud?
The advantages of contracting cloud-based services affect the effectiveness, security, accessibility, and performance of our business and this will be consolidated by being the future of the IT world for companies.
- Comfortable and practical system. Having an IT system based on cloud technology eliminates all the obligations that require maintaining and managing such a type of infrastructure. Both hardware and software that you need to manage this infrastructure won’t exist anymore. Everything we need will be found remotely. This allows us to dedicate our effort and time to the core of our business.
- Flexibility. If you don’t have enough resources to run applications, you are limiting what you can do and harming your business. Instead, the cloud resources are flexible and effective more than those of dedicated infrastructure since you deploy the resources you need and you can increase or decrease them depending on your needs.
- Adaptability. Migrating to the cloud in the new systems doesn’t require a lot of knowledge nor complicated techniques. All you need is to have the right guide and support during the process of migration.
- Lower costs. Expenses are the main business preoccupation and working on a system based on virtual servers reduces them. First of all we don’t have to suffer a large outlay of installation, configuration, or system maintenance. Cloud service users only pay for what they consume and enjoy all the benefits of an infrastructure prepared for unexpected changes. We can’t forget either the energy cost saving given that we don’t have any local physical infrastructure.
- Mobility. If you are looking for an environment that will be always working and that can be accessed from anywhere, the services implemented on the cloud platform are the perfect answer to this need. This technology makes easy access to your database or applications from different platforms anywhere and anytime you want.
- Security. The whole issue related to data backup is available on the cloud service which means a total guarantee of the continuity of our business performance. With good practices, we will assure high availability and fault tolerance of our services as well as quick disaster recovery.
- Concentration in the mean business. When you migrate to the cloud and delegate hosting to a managed service provider, you recover the time you spent on tasks that are not productive, you gain flexibility and security. A managing business process in the cloud benefits, especially small and medium enterprises.
What are the inconveniences of not migrating to the cloud?
- Recurring expenses. High cost in maintaining the hardware and software of your systems and the data center infrastructure. Besides this, a big consumption of electrical energy is generated and it is required to have a diversity of suppliers for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the equipment, electrical backup, and air conditioning of the Datacenter.
- Money loss. Any interruption or problem in your servers can cause loss of information and your service can stay offline for a long time.
- Loss of time in documentation analysis and implementation. The security policies and physical access control, as well as the robustness of your logical security, will be your responsibility and you must keep them updated.
- Service latency. The access to your local resources and services will be slow in the areas which are geographically distant you provide a service through a web application. Even the same access to your web may be affected and negatively impact the users’ experience.
- Other limitations. All the tests that you need to perform will be conditioned to the available computing capacity, which will limit the production creativity of your work team.
- Otras limitaciones. Todas las pruebas que requieras realizar estarán condicionada a la capacidad de cómputo disponible, por lo que limitará la creatividad de producción de su equipo de trabajo.
Amazon Web Service, a perfect platform to migrate to the cloud
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud services platform that offers computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help companies scale and grow.
Millions of customers take advantage of AWS cloud products and solutions to create sophisticated and increasingly flexible, scalable, and reliable applications.
The AWS cloud provides a broad set of infrastructure services, such as computing power, storage options, networks, and databases, they are offered as an on-demand utility, available in a matter of seconds, and pay only for what u uses. For more information, we invite you to watch the video What is AWS?
For any use case
From data storage to deployment tools, from directories to content delivery, AWS has more than 50 services to just a few mouse clicks. The new services are quickly provisioned and without advanced expenses, so that companies, startups, small and medium enterprises, and customers in the public sector have access to the basic elements they need to respond quickly to the variable business.
Cloud security is considered better than physical installation security. Certifications and accreditations, data encryption at rest and in transit, hardware security modules, and strong physical security, contribute to creating a more secure way to manage the IT infrastructure of your business.
Wide global network and edge locations
The AWS cloud operates in 54 availability zones within 18 geographic regions of the world, including one for the US Government.
Where to start?
At Nubersia, we take care of being with you during the deployment of your infrastructure on AWS. We can even do it for you and then we do later a technology transfer of the management of your resources in the cloud. Request a free audit. For more information, contact us.